5 Easy Solutions for Damaged Hair
If your hair is prone to breakage and sun damage, you must adopt the best strategy to ensure it stays as healthy as possible. Beauty products, sun exposure, bleach, dyes, and heating tools like dryers, curlers, irons and more may crumble your hair’s health after prolonged use. If this is your case, you should know that there are different natural remedies that can take care of your hair and return the shine it needs.
Here we explain how to treat damaged hair:1
- The first thing to keep in mind is that you must stop the root causes of your hair damage, such as chemical dyes and harmful products or treatments. If you have to treat your hair with heat, make sure to use the low setting to minimize the damage; If you have to fix your hair, just use an iron with ceramic plates. Always apply an aerosol or serum containing dimethicone before using a thermal tool to protect your hair from damage.
- Another way to end damaged hair is to cut the ends and thus renew the health of the hair. This can be a drastic change, but once the damaged part of your hair is cut, it will grow healthily again. The hair is unable to grow if the ends are in constant division.
- You should also know that, to take care of damaged hair, it is not advisable to wash hair frequently with shampoo. Washing your hair too sucks the moisture your body produces to keep hair healthy; If your hair gets dirty quickly, use a gentle shampoo or dilute your usual shampoo.
- There are many natural treatments for damaged hair that you can easily do in your own home. For example, aloe vera is perfect for making a mask and getting your hair hydrated and glowing like no other. An avocado mask also works great to regenerate the health of more damaged hair, as does getting a weekly rinse with apple cider vinegar.
- If you have damaged hair, you may notice that it sometimes breaks. There are different ways to try to prevent hair from breaking like the ones detailed below:
- Wash your hair carefully and without sudden movements
- Don’t twist it with the towel when you’re done showering
- Untie hair with a wide barbed comb
- Try not to abuse appliances such as hair straighteners or curlers
- Incorporate vitamin B, C and B1 into your diet which are the best vitamins for hair
If you want to know more tips, make sure to check our blog. There are dozens of articles to help you have healthier hair and life.