7 Ways to Keep Your Hair in Top Condition During The Summer
During summer our schedules fill up with pool parties and beach gatherings. But with the fun comes the heat, and we start worrying about our hair and our looks. So if you’ve been wondering how to keep your hair at its best during summer, keep reading.
Quite often in summer, we want to display our abundant and long hair. That’s when hair extensions come to the rescue. Extensions are a confidence boost. They are practical and valuable, allowing us to change our looks instantly, adding volume, or even adding some color to our manes.
The best part is you don’t even have to get rid of them if we are going to the beach or to the pool. We would recommend braids though to prevent the entanglement of which we spoke wrote earlier. Thankfully, braids are also stylish.
Still, the sun and the chlorine from swimming pools can be as harmful (or more) than it is for your natural hair. Just picture your valuable hair extensions becoming entangled in a mix of salt, chlorine, and sand. It hurts just thinking about it.
To avoid this, you can follow these 7 easy steps to keep your hair extensions in optimal conditions:
- Untangle them with extreme care –more than usual, and more frequently.
- Wash your head also with extreme care, massage the scalp and hair. Rinse off with plenty of water.
- Moisturize your extensions with an oil-based product with essential oils. Leave the mask on for at least five minutes.
- After the last rinse, collect the extensions in a towel and dry for a few minutes to avoid excess water.
- If you’re going to swim in the pool or the beach, put them in a simple hairstyle such as a braid.
- Free your hair at the end of the beach day.
- To style your extensions, brush gently beginning from the middle of the hair down to the ends.
Detangling your hair extensions and using the proper moisturizer is the key. It’s extremely important to use products with essential oils because of its revitalizing properties and ease of use. SOCAP Original USA Extension Care Treatment with Argan Oil is definitely a must for summer. And protecting your hair from the sun is a priority.
After all, it will only take you a few minutes to take care of your hair. No excuses. Enjoy the summer without worries, looking as amazing as you can.
If you liked this article, make sure to check our other blog posts. There are tons of tips for taking care of your hair, as well as many product recommendations just for you.